Friday, August 19, 2005

A telemarketer hung up on me!

I try to be polite to these people, because peddling crap on the phone is nobody's dream job. They're just trying to do whatever they can to make a living, like everybody else. So I have a right to be hopping mad about the fucking dickhead that called me today to ask for my money; I said I couldn't make a contribution now (it was a worthy cause, so I didn't say "I'm not interested"; I'm just really too poor now to support more than the one charity I support), he went into some spiel that ended with "$35 or $25?", I said neither, he said "You said you can't help right away, well I'm not asking you to help right away, just let me fill out this pledge in your name," and I said "Cannot help in the foreseeable future either, sorry" and the bastard hung up on me without a word. After I'd been exceedingly polite to him despite hating him for calling me. Asshole. I hope he's not making enough money to feed himself decently and has to skip breakfast and sleep hungry most nights. That would be very nice.

WhyTF does it take 31 days for a Do Not Call listing to start working? The website should be called www.donotcallexceptinthenext31days.gov. Bitches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home