Thursday, August 24, 2006

Just how dumb are the Japanese supposed to be?

All right, I've had it with all the advice on all the cultural sensitivity that must be exercised when negotiating business deals abroad. Let me clue in the well-meaning folks who emphasize this type of thing: We're not negotiating inter-galactic buyouts with Klingons, you fuckwits. All the wheeling-dealing happens to be strictly intra-homo sapiens.

Wouldn't a Japanese fellow have to be really badly adjusted to take offense every time an American acted American? If I met a Japanese peevish enough to go sobbing in one corner of the conference room every time I tried to shake his hand or didn't use a chopstick, I'd ask him to go develop some fucking self-esteem and come back when he's done growning up.

Businesspeople aren't babies. A chick in a kimono probably knows her American counterparts don't begin every meeting with incense and cross-legged tea drinking. Neither does she go "You crack joke during multi-trillion yen deal! How perfectly peculiar! I spit wasabi on you, uncouth bitches!" So everybody just chill. People on every side of the planet have brains.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home